Rosacea Treatment in Palm Harbor, FL
Our office provides rosacea treatment in Palm Harbor, FL , and the surrounding areas. Our dermatologist in Clearwater, FL , will determine the best treatment plan based on the condition of your skin. Call our office at (727) 799-5273 to schedule a consultation today.
Rosacea (rose-AY-sha) is a common skin disease. It often begins with a tendency to blush or flush more easily than other people. The redness can slowly spread beyond the nose and cheeks to the forehead and chin. Even the ears, chest, and back can be red all the time.
Rosacea can cause more than redness. There are so many signs and symptoms that rosacea has four subtypes:
- Erythematotelangiectatic rosacea : Redness, flushing, visible blood vessels.
- Papulopustular rosacea : Redness, swelling, and acne-like breakouts.
- Phymatous rosacea : Skin thickens and has a bumpy texture.
- Ocular rosacea : Eyes red and irritated, eyelids can be swollen, and person may have what looks like a sty.
With time, people who have rosacea often see permanent redness in the center of their face.
Famous faces of rosacea
If you are living with rosacea, you are in good company. Some famous people have struggled with rosacea:
- Bill Clinton.
- Diana, Princess of Wales.
- W.C. Fields (a film star in the 1920s and 1930s).
Image used with permission of the American Academy of Dermatology National Library of Dermatologic Teaching Slides.